4.02.2008

zipper madness + other crafting

in the past, i have avoided any crafting that involved zippers. like the plague. i can be an impatient crafter and need instant gratification. zippers rarely provided that for me. zippers made me swear and yell. however lately i have been obsessed with facinng my zipper avoidance with a vengance. now i can't seem to stop making these bags. i have tons, i repeat tons of fabric samples that i have horded over the years (i know i am not alone, fellow interior designers). therefore: fabric samples + no zipper hate = bags pictured below...
feeling confident in my zipper war, i made good luck pencil cases for elizabeth + michelle, two of my 'pod mates' from work both of who are taking the NCIDQ exam (interior design board exam) this friday/saturday. i filled the case with no. 2 pencils, an eraser and a snack bar. they have been studying so hard. they have read the study guide mulitple times which blows my mind since i never finished reading it when it took it 2 years ago. that's because the study guide brings on narcolepsy like no other.


yet another zipper bag that i made...

...for my workout essentials: iTouch, identification, inhaler.

other crafting includes a pillow that i made for a co-worker/friend samantha for her birthday last week.

oh and i bought a new sewing machine!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh. When will you start selling these goodies?

Mike said...

Great-looking zipper pouches. And...a nice sewing machine. Oh...and a VERY nice blog!

my hyggelig said...

I enjoyed your blog this morning with my morning coffee. Made the connection through SFGIRLBYBAY's Amy Butler post. I like your aesthetic, that you too have a new sewing machine, and that you bought the white pots I was eyeing up at IKEA this weekend, as well as the Amy Butler patterns I was wishing I was good enough to sew. Keep up the crafting!